Strong Roots CIC
6th April 2016
Strong Roots CIC provides expert advice and training to organisations that support communities and contribute to the society that we share. Recent examples of our consultancy work:
1. Developing the Business Case (including financial modelling, what-if scenarios, cost vs benefits and risk analysis) to Government to secure £9m investment for the London 2012 Paralympic Legacy Programme.
2. VCSE technical and change management lead on the Stockport VCSE Redesign Programme commissioned by Stockport Council and working in partnership with Greater Manchester Centre for Voluntary Organisations (GMCVO).
3. Conducted and delivered a Strengths Review and Governance Development Programme for an Arts & Mental Health charity.
We have launched Catering With Pride to create jobs & training opps
* Running a £79K per annum contract for Persona / Bury Council to provide catering in a short-stay respite centre for Older People and People living with Dementia.
* Launched a community enterprise catering service supporting a 57 year old who was being overlooked for jobs (too old / over qualified). This now employs 5 people and has a growing outside catering service.
* Developing a range of dememtia support services offered by peers.
* Created a toolkit for communities to organise and develop community hubs to serve their needs. https://www.gmcvo.org.uk/hubs-recipe-book
To deliver our social mission to support unemployed individual develop new skills and potentially start their own enterprise, Strong Roots CIC created the ‘Planting the Seeds Programme – a guide to strategic thinking’. This is a learning and development programme including 21 hours classroom training and two coaching sessions. Two entrepreneurs have started to trade successfully with others giving excellent feedback on the programme improving their skills, knowledge and confidence.
Use profit from our community bistro to run dementia friendly peer support services and social spaces.