Greenwich Leisure Limited
29th May 2014
GLL exist to make community services and facilities better for everyone. That means providing access to quality community leisure, fitness and library facilities at a price everyone can afford. We already manage over 140 facilities, and we’re adding more all the time.
GLL are a charitable social enterprise, which means we work for the benefit of everyone: the public, the communities we work in, the environment, our staff and our partners. As a result, we’re proud to be the first leisure operator in the UK to be awarded the Prime Minister’s Big Society Award as well as a range of other quality and community based awards.
• We act as a charity and are are here for the good of the communities we operate in
• We believe social values are just as important as financial performance
• We don’t have shareholders or any bonuses to pay out. Instead, we invest any surplus money we make back into our services. So far, we’ve invested over £70m into services and people
• We also believe in our people, the staff who make our business work
• We’re owned by our staff and Society members, who have a non-dividend-paying share in GLL. That means our workforce is empowered, motivated and involved in making important decisions that affect the company. In fact, the majority of our Board are elected by the workforce
•Wherever possible, we work with other social enterprises and buy Fairtrade goods and services.