14th July 2016
Base87 CIC works with young people aged 16-24 years old in Stoke-on-Trent to develop their self-confidence and self-esteem, to improve their experiences, to develop their ambitions, and to develop their skills in applying for a job.
Ultimately our aim is to get each young person onto a valuable training course, into their own enterprise, or into a job – the journey each young person takes is a personal one and we treat each young person as a valued individual.
This is why our work is very well respected and our achievements are so brilliantly high!
Base87 CIC is run by a small team of 3 people based at our centre in Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent and we have worked with over 1,000 local young people over the last 4 years.
Base87 has worked with young people to -
- increased the self-confidence and self-esteem of 700 individuals
- engaged 634 young people into understanding the opportunities available to them; and
- supported 412 young people to get a job (an impressive success rate of almost 50% of our beneficiaries).
- engaged 1,112 young people into further training or employment
- addressed skills gaps with 636 young people
- worked with 647 young people to improve their time-keeping, reliability and work ethic
- involved 760 young people in training, volunteering or securing a job
Base87 CIC provides support, advice, guidance and training to young people not in education, employment or training. Our work will increase the confidence and skills of local young people to help them achieve their potential and a positive outcome. We provide each young person with support in many aspects of their lives in order to succeed and progress. The local community will benefit through the achievements of the young people living there who will actively contribute to its social and economic wellbeing.